Last updated Sep 28, 2020
THIRD PARTY WEBSITES
Personal information means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person. We collect personal information such as your name, your home address, your financial information and your personal preferences as part of conducting transactions with you and when you visit the Site. If you choose to withhold any personal information requested by us, it may not be possible for you to gain access to certain parts of the Site or services.
Your contact information is your name associated with your business address, business email, business telephone, business fax and other business contact information.
TYPES OF PERSONAL INFORMATION DOTFLOOR COLLECTS FROM YOU
The legal bases for our processing of personal information are primarily that the processing is necessary for providing the Site or services and that the processing is carried out in our legitimate interests, which are further explained below. We may also process personal information upon your consent, asking for such consent as appropriate.
Payment and Shipping Information
When you purchase a product on the Site we collect your financial information to process the order. We may also collect your billing and shipping addresses for the purposes of fulfilling your transaction. We may also collect your order history and feedback in relation to your experience with Dotfloor.
We may collect information like your age and gender. We may collect information about the products you like or the reviews and comments you post online.
We may collect information from your IP address in relation to your location. The data is used to best match our products to the areas of demand.
Employment Related Information
We may collect information you give us in contemplation of an employment opportunity with Dotfloor.
We may track the pages you visit or the path you took to land on the Site page and what website you visit when you leave us. We collect this information using tracking tools. For more information on these tracking tools please check your browsers Privacy Preferences or similar pages.
HOW DOTFLOOR COLLECTS PERSONAL INFORMATION FROM YOU
We gather information you give us directly.
There are many ways you give information to us directly and includes but is not limited to, the following:
- Information you input into the Site in connection with purchasing the products advertised;
- Telephone conversations;
- Online chat interaction;
- Email communications;
- Face to face meetings;
- Social Media Interaction through third party websites such as Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram and YouTube;
- Viewing our online advertisements or emails;
- Resumes, cover letters and pre-screening calls in connection with an employment opportunity at Dotfloor; and
- All other communications with members of the Dotfloor team.
HOW DOTFLOOR COLLECTS NON-PERSONAL INFORMATION
We gather non-personal information from you indirectly
This is mainly through your browser using tracking tools like behavior tracking, pixel tags and cookies. Third parties such as delivery companies may also give us updated information in connection with your order.
Like most other commercial websites, the Site may monitor traffic patterns, site usage and related sites. We may automatically (i.e., not via registration) collect or compile certain information when you access the Site. Examples of this type of information include the aggregate and unique number of visitors to the Site, the dates and times of visits to the Site, IP addresses and the domains, cities and countries of visitors, the pages of the Site visited and the content accessed, the type and version of the browser and operating system used to access the Site, search engine and search terms used within the Site or to visit the Site, referring sites, and HTTP errors generated.
We use this information in order to assess the usage of our the Site and our marketing efforts, to send you tailored browser notifications with news and offers (with your consent), to optimize the Site, and to monitor the Site’s performance. We may provide such information to the Site contractors for these purposes. We also may use a web analytics service or services on some pages to improve web design and usability. This may involve recording mouse clicks, mouse movements, scrolling activity as well as any text you type on the Site. Dotfloor does not track your browsing habits across websites which do not use the same services.
Do not track signals
The Site does not respond to Do-Not-Track signals from the browser. Instead, you can download and install browser plugins to automatically block tracking technologies.
HOW DOTFLOOR USES YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We take steps designed to ensure that only those employees who need access to your personal information to fulfil their employment duties will have access to it. Dotfloor may collect and use your personal information for the following purposes:
- to contact you in relation to your online visit and/or telephone call with our Sales Team, to fulfill orders and sales, and to follow up with you in relation to your order;
- to match your location with the products you have selected to ensure proper and expeditious delivery to you;
- to communicate with you about your inquiry, your account, your shopping cart or our relationship;
- to look at website trends and customer interests;
- to administer and build your Dotfloor account;
- to market new services and products that we believe will be of interest to you (including by email, SMS text message and push notifications to your browser or mobile app);
- to collect a debt owed to Dotfloor or its agents; or to pay a debt owed by Dotfloor;
- to help us make credit decisions about clients and check the identity of new clients to prevent fraud and money laundering;
- to help us make a decision with respect to employment or an appointment with Dotfloor;
- to identify you if you visit our office premises;
- as required or authorized by law; and
- for other uses we may disclose to you from time to time.
By submitting your information or using the Site, you expressly consent and agree that Dotfloor, its affiliates, and assigns (collectively, “Represented Entities”) may send emails, or place calls and send text messages to any cellular (or non-cellular) telephone number provided to Dotfloor or the Represented Entities by you, or anyone purporting to act on your behalf, including through the use of an automatic telephone dialing system and calls utilizing artificial or prerecorded voice and/or messages, for any purpose related in any way to your use of the Site, including without limitation: as part of the creation of a Dotfloor Membership Account, in conjunction with a request made through a website form or chat; in response to any other requests for information, goods, or services submitted through the Site; and/or Site, product, and/or user-experience improvement surveys. This provision is a material term of the agreement between you and Dotfloor and cannot be unilaterally modified, revoked, or withdrawn by you.
If you elect to provide consent to receive telemarketing messages from Dotfloor and the Represented Entities, such consent grants Dotfloor and the Represented Entities the right to make or deliver advertising/telemarketing text messages and calls, including through the use of an automatic telephone dialing system or an artificial or prerecorded voice, to any telephone number that you provide. Telemarketing consent is not a condition for use of the Site and may be withdrawn at any time.
You promise that you are the owner and/or primary user of all cellular telephone numbers you provide to us. If your cellular (or non-cellular) phone number changes, you will immediately notify us. Otherwise you will be liable for any and all loss, damage, and expenses incurred by Dotfloor as a result.
Dotfloor and the Represented Entities are not responsible for any fees assessed by your cellular (or non-cellular) telephone provider for receipt of text messages or calls.
To the extent applicable, you also agree that Dotfloor and the Represented Entities may record or monitor any or all conversations that you have with Dotfloor and the Represented Entities, without any further notification and for any reason.
DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Information about our customers is an important aspect of our business. Dotfloor undertakes to treat this information with integrity and does not and will not sell, or disclose your information unless for business purposes or as required by law. We will implement appropriate technical and organizational measures (including contractual or other arrangements) to protect information disclosed to third parties, who perform services on our behalf. These third parties include, but are not limited to, delivery service providers who ship and deliver your online orders and technology service providers who provide services in support of Dotfloor’s business.
Dotfloor may disclose your personal information:
- when the services we are providing to you require us to give information to third parties, for example: providing government-assigned identification numbers to customs brokers or other third parties responsible for processing customs clearance for shipments;
- if we engage a third party to provide services to us (such as payroll processing for employees, computer back-up services, archival file storage, customer relationship management, advertising distribution, behavior tracking, marketing animation, delivering orders, processing credit card payments ) and the third party is bound by confidentiality obligations;
- with vendors and manufacturers to respond to your feedback, comments, reviews and/or claims;
- where it is necessary to collect a debt owed to Dotfloor or its agents, or to pay a debt owed by Dotfloor;
- as part of an investigation to protect us if we suspect fraud;
- to respond to an emergency where the health or safety of any individual is reasonably believed to be threatened;
- if the information is already publicly known;
- when we are required or authorized by law to do so; and/or
- in other circumstances where you have consented to the disclosure.
We may collect, use and disclose information without your consent when we are required or authorized by law to do so.
HOW DOTFLOOR SECURES YOUR INFORMATION
Dotfloor takes all reasonable steps to ensure that your information is kept safe from loss, unauthorized access, modification or disclosure.
The steps we take to protect your information include:
- Premises security
- Restricted file access to your information
- Deploying technological safeguards like encryption, access control, and firewalls to protect against hacking or unauthorized computer access
- Use of secure socket layer (SSL) to encrypt credit card transactions
- Use of authentication to access your account
- Periodical reviewing of security measures.
RIGHTS REGARDING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Individuals have the right to withdraw their consent to the collection, use, or disclosure of information at any time, except where that withdrawal would frustrate the performance of a legal obligation by Dotfloor.
Accessing or Correcting Your Information
Individuals have the right to know what Information Dotfloor has collected about them, how that information is being used and to whom it has been disclosed, as well as to verify and amend that information if it is incorrect. If necessary, Dotfloor will correct the information if requested to do so.
Removing Information stored by Dotfloor
Subject to applicable laws, upon reasonable written notice given to Dotfloor, all information held by Dotfloor that is identifiable to that individual will be removed from our records and confirmation of that removal will be provided to the individual. Notwithstanding the foregoing, if you withdraw consent, Dotfloor nonetheless reserves the right to retain, collect, use and disclose information without your consent where we are permitted and/or required by law to do so.
Other Provisions Under the GDPR
Under the GDPR, you may be entitled to additional rights, including: (i) the right to object to unlawful data processing, under certain conditions; (ii) the right to demand that we restrict processing of your personal information, under certain conditions, if you believe we have exceeded the legitimate basis for processing, processing is no longer necessary, or believe your personal information is inaccurate; (iii) the right to data portability of personal information that you provided us in a structured, commonly used, and machine-readable format, under certain conditions; (iv) the right object to decisions being taken by automated means which produce legal effects concerning you or similarly significantly affect you, under certain conditions; (v) the right to lodge a complaint with data protection authorities. If you want to learn more about your rights under the GDPR, you can visit the European Commission’s page on Data Protection at: http://ec.europa.eu/justice/data-protection/index_en.htm.
Unsubscribing from Marketing and Promotional Material
From time to time, Dotfloor may engage a third-party marketing agency to distribute advertisements to consumers who have expressed an interest in receiving such material. For this purpose, the marketing agency may use its own distribution list. This list is not under Dotfloor’s control and may not be shared with Dotfloor. In relaying an opt-out request to a third-party marketing agency, Dotfloor therefore accepts no responsibility for any consequences to the requester arising from the actions of the agency.
You may wish to opt out of receiving certain information or marketing and promotional material distributed directly by Dotfloor. You may do so by selecting the opt-out or unsubscribe feature in our online communications including our online newsletter and product updates.
We may also obtain your consent to send push notifications to your browser. These notifications will contain news and offers from Dotfloor.com and may be tailored based on your interests and the areas of the Site you have visited. You can stop receiving these notifications at any time by changing your browser settings.
- If you are using Chrome, click here for instructions on how to change your notification settings and unsubscribe from browser push notifications.
- If you are using Firefox, click here for instructions on how to change your notification settings and unsubscribe from browser push notifications
- If you are using Safari, click here for instructions on how to change your notification settings and unsubscribe from browser push notifications
RETENTION OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
9381 East Stockton Boulevard, Elk Grove, CA, 95624, United States